Eight England football fans deported from Portugal have been bailed for six weeks by a UK court to seek legal help.
Portuguese police made a number of arrests in Albufeira
They are among 10 deported fans who returned on Thursday, having been arrested after violence on Monday.
Seven were given suspended sentences by a Portuguese judge and three acquitted once they agreed to leave the country.
The eight fans - who face football banning orders - were remanded on bail by Uxbridge magistrates in London and their cases adjourned until 28 July.
They did not appear before magistrates but were ordered to surrender their passports and told not to leave the UK until they return to the west London court.
The eight will now seek legal advice and are expected to contest the banning orders, police officers dealing with the case said.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the eight, aged from their late teens up to 32, had been served with notices under section 21b of the Football Spectators Act as amended by the Football Disorder Act.
Around 30 police officers met all 10 men at London's Heathrow Airport when they disembarked from a flight from Faro on Thursday night.
Meanwhile, three more fans who were arrested in Albufeira after England's victory over Switzerland are to be voluntarily deported from Portugal after being held for being drunk and disorderly.
Two of them allegedly threw bottles and the other allegedly obstructed police.
After a brief court hearing on Friday they agreed to be sent back to the UK and not to return to Portugal for a year.
'Classed as thugs'
Police in Hertfordshire also made 22 arrests, nine of them in Cheshunt where one officer suffered minor injuries.
All 10 of the fans deported from Portugal had denied public order offences and resisting arrest on Monday night when 200 supporters clashed with riot police in Albufeira.
Paul Donahue, 31, and Jason Boyle, 22, both from Manchester, were released without charge after being questioned for hour after they arrived at Heathrow.
They allege they were beaten by Portuguese police, leaving them with broken ribs and other injuries, although they were not involved in any trouble.
"We just feel like we've been made scapegoats," Mr Donahue told the BBC.
"We didn't find out anything until yesterday when we went to court. We were just being classed as English thugs, English hooligans, and some of the police said to us 'maybe you haven't done anything but you pay for your English friends'."
Mr Boyle insisted he was innocent and claimed police had denied him painkillers for three days for his broken ribs.
Later, fan John Jackson also claimed he had been maltreated by police in Portugal who he said were "picking on innocent people".
"I was beaten up and spat on by the police," he said.
Another England supporter - Garry Mann, 47, of Faversham, Kent - was on Thursday sentenced to two years in jail over Monday night's violence and is due to be deported to the UK. He was not on Thursday's flight.
A twelfth fan, Joe Nicholls from Abingdon, also denied involvement in the violence and was found not guilty of all charges.
On Thursday, 33 other fans agreed to leave the country after they were arrested during disturbances in the Algarve, and will be banned from returning for 12 months.
Uefa have said they are not treating the clashes as football hooliganism, but the England team could be expelled from the tournament if trouble erupts at any of England's matches.