A man from South Yorkshire is recovering after being stung by a deadly jellyfish while diving in Australia.
Mr Saxon was stung by a tiny, but deadly, Irukandji jellyfish
Tim Saxon, 23, was given life-saving treatment developed by his cousins.
Mr Saxon of Worsborough Dale in Barnsley was stung by the tiny, but potentially lethal Irukandji jellyfish while diving off the Great Barrier Reef on Australia's east coast.
His body quickly went into paralysis and his heart rate began to fluctuate.
There is no known antidote to the jellyfish sting.
But a magnesium-based drip was used by doctors to stabilise his condition.
Mr Saxon's Australian cousin Maya Strinivasan, a marine biologist, had helped to develop the treatment.
They are one of the most poisonous, if not the most poisonous, jellyfish - Mr Saxon is lucky to be alive
Paul Bullimore, Scarborough Marine Sanctuary
It was only after Mr Saxon telephoned her, he learned her research had played a significant role in developing the formula that helped his recovery.
Paul Bullimore, curator of the Scarborough Sea Life and Marine Sanctuary told BBC News Online about the jellyfish: "They account for a lot of people being killed every year.
"They are one of the most poisonous, if not the most poisonous, jellyfish. Mr Saxon is lucky to be alive."
He added: "I've been stung by a Lion's Mane jellyfish off the Yorkshire coast and that was painful, but the pain from one of these Irunkandji would be excruciating. It attacks the central nervous system."