Binyam Mohamed came to the UK as an asylum seeker in 1994
A British resident held in Guantanamo Bay is to launch a court battle to make the UK government release evidence for his defence.
A two-day hearing at the High Court will consider Binyam Mohamed's bid for a judicial review of the matter.
The 29-year-old, of west London, has been charged with war crimes in the US. His lawyers say the UK has proof his testimony was given after torture.
The Foreign Office said it had released "some information" about his case.
Mr Mohamed is the last recognised British resident held at the US detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
He is to face a military tribunal and could face the death penalty if convicted of conspiring to commit terrorism.
He denies involvement in terrorism.
In June, the Foreign Office said it was working on the information requests made by Mr Mohamed's legal team.
And ahead of Monday's hearing, a Foreign Office spokesman said: "We continue to discuss Mr Mohamed's case with the US authorities and to pursue the request for his release from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and return to the UK."
He said Mr Mohamed's legal representatives had requested the disclosure of a "very wide range of information".
He added that "some information" had been released further to those requests "in line with the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts".
Mr Mohamed's legal team is led in the UK by human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith.
He said in May: "The issue here is whether the British government has an obligation to help us, as Mr Mohamed's lawyers, prove that torture evidence has been extracted from him and that is effectively the only evidence that the US military is trying to use to convict him."
The US charge sheet alleges Mr Mohamed travelled to Afghanistan in May 2001 and trained at an al-Qaeda camp.
It says he then accepted instructions from al-Qaeda leader Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to conduct terror operations in the US.
Mr Mohamed was detained in April 2002 as he tried to return to the UK from Pakistan.
He says he was taken from there to Afghanistan and Morocco for questioning before being transferred to Guantanamo Bay.
His lawyers say it has been established that Mr Mohamed was questioned by British intelligence officers for three hours in Pakistan, and want details of the interview to be released.
They are also seeking evidence he was subjected to "extraordinary rendition" - transport abroad for interrogation.
They want access to flight records from the UK-dependent territory of Diego Garcia, which they say could establish that planes used for "extraordinary rendition" refuelled there.
His lawyers also believe the government has proof that Mr Mohamed's genitals were repeatedly slashed with a razor blade while he was being held in Morocco.
Foreign Secretary David Miliband formally wrote to his US counterpart Condoleezza Rice in August 2007, asking for Mr Mohamed's release.
The High Court case will be heard by Lord Justice Thomas and Mr Justice Lloyd Jones.