Max Mosley won High Court damages against the News of the World
The woman who secretly filmed a sado-masochistic sex session with Max Mosley for the News of the World has apologised for the "damage" she caused.
The professional dominatrix - Woman E in court - said she had been stupid and naive and regretted her actions.
She told Sky News the session, involving four other women, had not had Nazi overtones, as the paper claimed.
World motorsport boss Mr Mosley won £60,000 after a High Court judge ruled the paper had breached his privacy.
Woman E said: "I think really, the Nazi thing makes it look really worse, doesn't it.
"I think if it had come out as a German scene, probably other people would have made their own mind up and said, 'Oh, that looks like what the Nazis did' or something like that.
"But it was never mentioned, it was never talked about that it was going to be a Nazi scene, we just had confirmation to say that it was going to be a German prison scenario."
She said if she could speak to Mr Mosley she would say sorry.
"I can only apologise for what has happened but it is not going to take back all the damage that has been done," she said.
"I didn't think about what I was doing. I was stupid, naive certainly, and I wish I had never done it."
The newspaper said Mr Mosley - president of world motorsport's governing body, the FIA - had taken part in "sick Nazi orgy".
At the High Court on Thursday, Mr Justice Eady said there was "no evidence that the gathering on 28 March 2008 was intended to be an enactment of Nazi behaviour or adoption of any of its attitudes. Nor was it in fact."