One of two men cleared earlier this week of involvement in a fertiliser bomb plot has said the five convicted "wasted their lives".
Nabeel Hussain was an unwitting victim of the conspiracy
Nabeel Hussain told Sky News he agreed with the trial judge who said Britain had given the men "every opportunity".
"They just wasted it, and I just don't see for what," said Mr Hussain.
The five men were jailed for life on Monday for the bomb plot linked to al-Qaeda that could have killed hundreds of people in the UK.
Omar Khyam, 25, from Crawley, West Sussex, was found guilty of conspiring to cause explosions likely to endanger life between 1 January 2003 and 31 March 2004.
Also convicted were Waheed Mahmood, 34, and Jawad Akbar, 23, also of Crawley; Salahuddin Amin, 31, from Luton, Bedfordshire, and Anthony Garcia, 24, of Barkingside, east London.
Speaking on Sky News, Mr Hussain, 22, said of the men: "They have had so many opportunities, so many things they can do with their lives, make this country proud, you know, be proud of this country.
"I've been born here; this is all I know. And I just see it as a shame really".
Mr Hussain, of Horley in Surrey, was found not guilty following the year-long trial.
At the time of his arrest he was studying international politics at Brunel University in Uxbridge, west London.
The jury accepted his defence that he was an unwitting victim of someone else's conspiracy - and that he himself had no role in what happened.