Brazil has expressed its disappointment over the decision not to prosecute any police officer involved in the fatal shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.
The family of Mr de Menezes were also angered by the decision
Mr de Menezes, a 27-year-old Brazilian, died at Stockwell station in London on 22 July last year after police mistook him for a suicide bomber.
Manoel Gomes Perreira, Brazil's ambassador to the UK, said he was surprised by the decision.
The Metropolitan Police will be charged under health and safety laws instead.
Mr Gomes Perreira said the Brazilian government would continue to do whatever it could for the family of Mr de Menezes.
On Monday, the Crown Prosecution Service said there was "insufficient evidence" to prosecute any individual over the death of the electrician.
Alex Pereira, a cousin of Mr Menezes, who was shot seven times in the head, said: "It's unbelievable what they sent to us today because we had to wait for a year and it was a hard year for us."
Reacting to the CPS decision over health and safety, the Met Police said in a statement it was "concerned and clearly disappointed".
But on the decision not to prosecute individual officers it was "pleased for the officers and their families who have faced much uncertainty over the last year".
On 22 July 2005, a surveillance team had been monitoring a block of flats in Tulse Hill, south London, where Mr Menezes lived, in the belief that a man wanted in connection with the previous day's attempted suicide bombings in London resided there.
When Mr Menezes emerged from the flats, he was wrongly identified as the suspect and followed to Stockwell, where he was shot as he boarded a Tube train.
An Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) report, handed to the CPS in January but not yet made public, is said to be highly critical of the surveillance operation and police control room staff.