Individual police officers involved in the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes will not be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter, it is being reported.
De Menezes was an electrician working in London
But prosecutors are expected to announce the Metropolitan Police will be charged with breaching health and safety laws, says the Guardian.
Independent investigators had asked the Crown Prosecution Service to consider charges against three police officers.
The Brazilian was mistakenly shot last July at Stockwell Tube station.
He was wrongly thought to be a suicide bomber by anti-terror officers.
The CPS received the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) report in January.
It has been considering it since then and will announce what action is to be taken on Monday.
Earlier this week the BBC learned prosecutors had been asked by the IPCC to consider charging Metropolitan Police Commander Cressida Dick, who was in charge of firearms operations, and two firearms officers with manslaughter.
But the Guardian says no individual police officers involved will face prosecution and the CPS has ruled out murder or manslaughter charges after a review of the circumstances surrounding the shooting on 22 July.
Harriet Wistrich, solicitor for the de Menezes family, told the newspaper the family was likely to be "very unhappy" if no officer was prosecuted.
"They would like to see officers held to account on a personal level, for somebody to be charged with a homicide offence," she said.