Supermodel Naomi Campbell has appeared before a New York court charged with assaulting a former assistant with a mobile phone.
Ms Campbell denies the claims made by her former assistant
The 36-year-old, who has pleaded not guilty, did not speak during the brief Manhattan Criminal Court hearing, which was adjourned until 27 September.
Prosecutors say London-born Ms Campbell threw a phone at her housekeeper in a dispute over a pair of jeans.
But they said the proceedings could result in a possible plea deal.
Prosecutor Shanda Strain told the judge no grand jury action had been taken in the case.
Outside court after her appearance, about 50 photographers waited to take pictures of Ms Campbell, forcing the model and her lawyers to wait inside until a car arrived to take them away.
Ms Campbell denies the claims made by Ana Scolavino, saying she created a story after being sacked.
Ms Scolavino said the model threw a phone at her head after accusing her of stealing the jeans Ms Campbell wanted to wear to appear on Oprah Winfrey's TV show.
In a statement after her arrest, Ms Campbell said the allegation that she hit or injured the woman was "completely untrue".
Meanwhile, Gaby Gibson, a second member of staff, is also taking legal action against the model, claiming she hit her.
The maid filed a lawsuit at Manhattan's state Supreme Court on Monday, accusing Ms Campbell of "personal injuries", "employment discrimination", "civil assault", "civil battery" and other complaints.