Questions are being asked about how the police and intelligence services handled an anti-terror raid in east London after the release of two men.
The east London home was being cleaned following the examination.
Brothers Abul Koyair, 20, and Mohammed Abdulkahar, 23, who was shot during the raid, were freed without charge.
Muslim Council of Britain chief Mohammed Abdul Bari said: "The question the community raises is the genuineness of the intelligence."
Police have defended the raid and said inquiries are ongoing.
Officers are continuing their search for chemical materials elsewhere after finding nothing at the house in Lansdown Road, Forest Gate, since the operation on 2 June.
Both Mr Koyair and Mr Abdulkahar had denied allegations of involvement in terrorism.
The men, who had been held under the Terrorism Act 2000 and questioned on suspicion of terrorism involvement, were released shortly before 2030 BST on Friday.
Mr Bari, secretary general of the Muslim council, said the police had to work with the community to rebuild trust.
He went on: "Because if the intelligence is flawed and operations are carried out in this manner, that creates difficulties in the community relationship.
"So the intelligence has to be tested seriously, so that these sort of mistakes are not done again. It's not a matter of 'blame game' now."
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is still investigating the circumstances of the shooting.
'Learn from mistakes'
Met Police Authority member Murad Qureshi, speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, said: "I think that there were a series of mistakes, which I think that the Met should learn from and they cover everything from the collecting of intelligence...through to how the suspects are actually dealt with."
Of particular concern, he said was "how we find ourselves with one of the brothers shot and quite a lot of the slander, quite honestly, which has been out in the press".
A Scotland Yard spokesman said after the release that intelligence received by police "continues to be developed" and that the Met Police "will continue to exhaust all lines of inquiry".
Announcing the men's release, the spokesman said: "We appreciate the police operation has caused inconvenience and disruption to the occupants of the house.
"We will be contacting the owners to make appropriate arrangements for the property to be handed back to them.
"We will also be undertaking appropriate restoration work in consultation with the owners."
Damian Hockney, also a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, said the police had had to make a difficult decision.
"This is obviously embarrassing, but the police were in an impossible position.
"They acted on intelligence and they have now released the men earlier than expected and are engaging with the family and the local community.
"They need our support for this job, and I believe that most people in Forest Gate fully understand this."
However, former Met Flying Squad commander John O'Connor told the BBC: "If you're going to mount an operation like this, you want to have enough evidence to charge people with a criminal conspiracy."
He said: "This seems to me to be very, very unprofessional the way that the police handled it."
In a separate incident, Scotland Yard has confirmed it is involved in a joint anti-terror investigation with Swedish police.
Three men were arrested as part of that operation during a raid in Malmoe.