Two Britons working for US TV network CBS have been killed by a car bomb in Iraq, less than a day after two British soldiers died in a blast.
A female reporter was also injured in the Baghdad attack
Cameraman Paul Douglas, 48, and soundman James Brolan, 42, died when the US military unit they were based with came under attack in Baghdad.
On Sunday two members of the Queen's Dragoon Guards were killed and two injured by a roadside bomb in Basra.
Nine UK service personnel have now been killed in Iraq this month.
CBS correspondent Kimberly Dozier, 39, who holds dual US-British citizenship and previously worked for BBC World Service radio, was seriously injured in Monday's attack in Baghdad, the network said.
She is undergoing a second bout of surgery at a US military hospital.
The CBS team had been on a patrol with soldiers of the 4th Infantry Division.
The attack, which also killed a US army officer and an Iraqi interpreter, was one of a wave of bombings in and around the Iraqi capital which left at least 40 dead, mainly Iraqi civilians.
Mr Douglas was a veteran of numerous war zones, including Afghanistan and Bosnia, and had been working for CBS since the early 1990s.
He leaves a wife, two adult daughters and three grandchildren, CBS said.
Mr Brolan was a freelancer who had been working for CBS in Afghanistan and Iraq during the last year.
He was married with two children, aged 12 and 17, said CBS. Both men lived in London.
Sunday's attack on the British troops happened in Gizayza, north-west Basra, at 1830 BST.
They had been on a routine patrol in an armoured Land Rover, in support of operations to disrupt the insurgency.
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "The soldiers were from the Queen's Dragoon Guards, part of the Basra City Battlegroup. The next of kin of those killed have been informed."
The names of the dead are expected to be released on Tuesday.
The Queen's Dragoon Guards, which can trace its history back to 1685, recruits largely from Wales and its regimental museum is in Cardiff. They have been based in Osnabruck, Germany, since 2003.
Defence Secretary Des Browne said: "It was with profound sorrow that I heard of the tragic deaths last night of two British soldiers."
After news of Monday's attack broke, a British Embassy spokesman in Baghdad said: "It is always a tragedy when terrorism claims the life of any innocent person in Iraq and our sympathies go to their friends and families in Iraq and elsewhere."
Military spokesman Major Sebastian Muntz said Sunday's attack on the soldiers followed "some very successful operations over the last few days".
"The broad mass of the population support what we are doing and are very much on side," he said.
"Clearly there are elements of the population that are trying to disrupt our activity and don't want the secure environment that our soldiers are trying to provide."
Liberal Democrat defence spokesman Nick Harvey said such incidents were "all too frequent".
"It is becoming increasingly dangerous for our troops. We need a strategy, making it clear to all, precisely what we're trying to achieve in Iraq."
Former MP and BBC correspondent Martin Bell told BBC News 24 that the journalists' deaths were symptomatic of a deteriorating situation.
"More journalists and journalistic support staff have died now in the three years since the war in Iraq began formally than in 10 years in the Vietnam War. I think we delude ourselves if we think it's going to get any better."