Relatives of the Brazilian man shot dead by police in London have said they will never accept an apology offered by Prime Minister Tony Blair.
The Menezes family have run a high-profile campaign since the shooting
Their comments came after talks with Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva at the end of his UK state visit.
The cousins of Jean Charles de Menezes said they hoped the involvement from the Brazilian government would help their search for justice.
Mr Menezes was shot at a Tube station after police mistook him for a bomber.
"I won't accept Blair's apology because he's killing people - he apologised but at the same time they will still carry on with their shoot-to-kill policy," said Alex Pereira.
Mr Menezes was shot dead at Stockwell tube station, in south London, the day after the failed bomb attacks on July 21.
He had been mistaken for a suicide bomber and was shot seven times in the head.
On Wednesday, an Association of Chief Police Officers' review of the killing found there was no need to change the strategy police use to deal with suicide bombers.
But it did accept the public needed a clearer explanation of police tactics.
President Lula da Silva was on a three-day visit to the UK, which included a state dinner at Buckingham Palace, talks with Prime Minister Tony Blair at Downing Street and meetings with business leaders.