[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 July, 2005, 21:50 GMT 22:50 UK
More London bombing victims named
Shahara Islam
Shahara Islam was on her way to work in Islington
Eight more victims of Thursday's London bombings have been named and inquests into seven of their deaths opened.

Shayanuja Parathasangary, 30, Miriam Hyman, 31, Shahara Islam, 20, and William Wise died in the bus bomb.

Ciaran Cassidy, 22, and Mihaela Otto, 46, died at the Russell Square site. Jennifer Nicholson, 24, also died.

Inquests were also opened for Jamie Gordon, 30, and Philip Russell, 28. Gladys Wyndowa, 50, has also been named and an inquest will open on Thursday.

Inquests into the deaths of Ms Hyman, from Barnet, Mr Russell, from west London, Mr Gordon, from Enfield, Ms Parathasangary, from Kensal Rise, Mr Wise, whose details are not known, Mr Cassidy, from Finsbury Park and Ms Islam, from Plaistow, were opened and then adjourned.

The families of those killed did not attend the St Pancras Coroner's Court for the brief hearing.

Inner North London coroner Dr Andrew Reid told the hearing the victims had been identified by dental records in most cases, but that Ms Parathasangary was identified using fingerprints.

Miriam Hyman
We would like to thank all those...who gave so much time and effort to help us in the search
Miriam Hyman's family

Dr Reid issued interim death certificates so that relatives could arrange funerals.

The family of Ms Hyman said: "We would like to thank all those who prayed for her safe return and everyone who gave so much time and effort to help us in the search."

Ms Nicholson, from Bristol, is believed to have died at Edgware Road. Her inquest was due to open later on Wednesday, police said.

A male victim's details are being verified with next of kin. His inquest will open on Thursday, as will that of Ms Otto.

Mr Gordon, a City worker, of north London, and finance manager Mr Russell, 28, of west London, were named as victims on Tuesday.

'Toll to rise'

On Monday Susan Levy, 53, from Hertfordshire was the first person to be formally identified as a victim of the bombings.

Her inquest has already been opened and adjourned.

Fifty-two people have so far been confirmed to have died in the attacks.

The London Bombings Relief Charitable Fund, set up last Friday by London mayor Ken Livingstone and the British Red Cross, had received more than 1m in donations by Tuesday evening, a spokesman said.

A 24-hour Family Assistance Centre has opened at Lindley Hall, 80 Vincent Square, SW1P 2PE, and a 24-hour support line is on 0845 054 7444.


BBC NEWS: VIDEO AND AUDIO
See the tributes being left in memory of the victims



RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific