Bereaved parents of teenagers killed by suicide bombers in Egypt have paid them tearful tributes at an inquest.
Peter and Julie Fulham, of Leicester, lost their son Matthew
Peter Fulham, of Hinckley, Leics, told how his "gentle" son Matty was due to turn 18 the day after the attack in Sharm al-Sheikh on 23 July this year.
Heide Lloyd, of Evesham, Worcs, said her "beautiful, sparkling" daughter Hannah, 16, had been "stolen from her".
The Chelmsford coroner has so far recorded verdicts of death by terrorist attack for eight of the 11 UK victims.
Identical verdicts are expected to be recorded for the other three victims on the second and final day of the hearing, on Tuesday.
Eight Britons were killed in a blast at Ghazala Gardens hotels, and three more in a second attack at a taxi rank.
The bombs followed an initial explosion at a market place in which no Britons died.
Peter Fulham told the hearing: "Matthew was a shy, gentle and caring young man. He was a boy developing into a lovely caring and talented young man, with lots of dreams for the future.
"We as a family will always feel sad at the loss of a son and brother who stood on the threshold of life."
Mr Fulham had earlier told BBC News the British government had acted without compassion, and claimed he was told to try suing the suicide bomber for compensation.
He said he had applied to the Egyptian embassy for compensation, but had not received a reply.
Mrs Lloyd cried as a court official read out her eulogy to Hannah.
"Hannah could never wait to grow up," Mrs Lloyd's tribute read.
"It was always hard to keep up with her energy and enthusiasm for life."
It added: "My beautiful sparkling daughter has been stolen from me. We have no real answers as to why, no one to blame or hate."
She said the government had done nothing to help, describing the Foreign Office as "unhelpful, cold and impersonal".
But the Foreign Office said the majority of British nationals had received a good service.
A spokeswoman said that in cases where "some did not receive the help they deserved, we have apologised".
"And we remain determined to learn lessons, so that our support for British people in difficulty abroad is the very best it can be."
Witnesses told the Essex hearing a vehicle crashed into the hotel and, seconds later, there was a "massive fire blast".
Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray recorded verdicts that eight of the victims were "killed in the course of an act of terrorism overseas".
Hannah Lloyd died while on holiday with her mother and sister
Earlier, the inquest heard that the Egyptian authorities believed all those suspected of being behind the attacks had either been killed or arrested.
A British detective who travelled to the north African country to work on the investigation said Egyptian officials reported 11 suspects had been killed and 37 arrested.
Det Insp Tim Metcalfe, of West Midlands Police, who led a team of British investigators, said the victims had to be identified from DNA samples.
Post-mortem examinations at Broomfield Hospital, in Chelmsford, established they had died as a result of either being near the source of the explosions or suffering injuries in the aftermath, the inquest heard.
The Britons killed in the blast were:
David Sayer, 16, from Grantham, LincsCharith Jayawardena, 17, from Grantham, LincsMatthew Fulham, 17, from Hinckley, LeicestershireLesley Ayers, 50, from Basildon, EssexJeremy Lakin, 28, from LondonKeri Davies, 29, from Fareham, HampshireAnnalie Vickers, 31, from Eastbourne, East SussexHannah Lloyd, 16, from Evesham, WorcestershireValerie Bracci, 70, from Canvey Island, EssexAlan Bentley, 49, from Grantham, LincsNoeleen Bentley (known as Mandy Bentley), 43, from Grantham, Lincs