David and Victoria Beckham's former nanny has agreed not to disclose more confidential information about them pending a trial or further court order.
The Beckhams failed to stop the allegations being published
The High Court accepted the undertaking of Abbie Gibson, who will also "hold" £125,000 she was paid by the News of the World for claims about the couple.
Following Sunday's story, the Beckhams sought an injunction to stop Miss Gibson making further statements.
David Beckham has called the sale of claims by Miss Gibson "unbelievable".
Hugh Tomlinson QC, for the Beckhams, told the court that Miss Gibson had signed a confidentiality agreement four times while an employee of the couple from May 2003 until earlier this year.
"That is what this claimant signed and that is what she is bound to," Mr Tomlinson said.
"It is uniquely hurtful and distressing to have the person who until the end of March this year was sitting around the breakfast table with them and their children, discussing their daily lives, repeat that information."
Mark Warby QC, representing Miss Gibson, said in written submissions to the court that his client denied liability or that the Beckhams were likely to obtain at trial orders sought.
But she had "no present intention" of making further disclosures about the Beckhams so was willing to offer interim undertakings, Mr Warby said.
'Bone of contention'
Mr Justice Eady ruled that Miss Gibson should not be barred from repeating claims already in the public domain following the News of the World story.
"Unfortunately, publication of the material has taken place on such a wide scale that it would be futile to try and prevent publication of these matters," he said.
A statement issued on behalf of the Beckhams following the hearing said: "It is an unfortunate but necessary decision we have made - in taking this action we hope to protect the future privacy of our family."
Niri Shan, solicitor for Miss Gibson, said his client was "very happy" with the outcome.
"The real bone of contention was whether she would be allowed to disclose information already in the public domain - the judge ruled that she could," Mr Shan said.
Neither the Beckhams or Miss Gibson were present at the London hearing.
In court it was made clear that Miss Gibson, on holiday in Spain, was not paid the estimated £300,000 for her story that had been previously reported.
Lawyers for the Beckhams had tried on Saturday to prevent publication of the original story the following day.
They sought a High Court injunction against Miss Gibson, arguing that her confidentiality contract had included an obligation not to speak about the Beckhams' private lives.
But Mr Justice Langley ruled that the News of the World could publish.
The Beckhams are also taking action against the News of the World, although Friday's hearing - listed as Beckham and another v Gibson - does not involve the newspaper.