Relatives of a man who died after what his family says was a racist attack are to meet Home Office minister Hazel Blears on Wednesday.
Nobody has stood trial in connection with the death of Jay Abatan
Jay Abatan, 42, died in 1999 after an incident outside a Brighton nightclub.
Manslaughter charges against two men were later dropped and they were cleared of assaulting Mr Abatan's brother, Michael.
Michael Abatan said he hoped the meeting with Hazel Blears would lead to "accountability".
Complaints from the Abatan family, which set up the Justice for Jay campaign, about the conduct of the investigation led to reviews by both the Avon & Somerset and Essex forces.
Jay Abatan's family is calling for Ms Blears to order the release of the Avon and Somerset report which they believe highlights general failings by the investigating team and senior Sussex police management.
"We are demanding the release of the police report which, when leaked to the press, highlighted serious failings. These reports are now a matter of national and public interest," Michael Abatan said.
In 2004 the Independent Police Complaints Commission also looked into the investigation and concluded major errors had been made.
Three officers involved in the original inquiry have since been disciplined.
Sussex's deputy chief constable Joe Edwards, who met Michael Abatan to discuss the investigation in September, said he was pleased by news of the family's meeting with Hazel Blears.
"I hope this will help meet Mr Abatan's concerns and provide him with the reassurances he requires," he said.
The Abatan family's campaign is being backed by Doreen Lawrence, mother of murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence. Mrs Lawrence said failures around Jay Abatan's murder investigation showed " institutional racism was alive and well in Britain today".