The last eight foreign terror suspects detained in UK jails without charge or trial have been released on bail.
Five of the detainees were held at Belmarsh prison in south London
The Special Immigration Appeal Commission imposed conditions that include electronic tagging and curfews.
A Home Office spokesman said control orders were being signed replacing these conditions, after Parliament approved new terror laws.
Five of the suspects were freed from London's Belmarsh jail and three from Broadmoor high security hospital.
The Prevention of Terrorism Bill was finally given Royal Assent on Friday, ending its prolonged "ping-pong" between the Commons and Lords, after the Conservatives accepted the government's promise the legislation would be reviewed within a year.
The bill allows restrictions ranging from electronic tagging to what is effectively house arrest to be imposed on foreign and British terror suspects.
Previous anti-terror laws, introduced in the wake of the 11 September attacks, that allowed foreign terror suspects to be imprisoned without trial had been ruled unlawful by Law Lords. These laws expire at midnight on Sunday.
The Home Office spokesman on Friday said: "Tonight the home secretary [Charles Clarke] will be signing 10 control orders under the new legislation, which will draw upon the range of controls set out in section one of the act.
"These will be proportionate and will assist us in combating a threat that remains real and serious."
The terms of the orders are expected to be similar to the bail conditions imposed by Siac.
Five suspects - Abu Qatada and the men known only as E, H, K and Q - were taken from Belmarsh to Colnbrook secure immigration centre in west London earlier.
Suspect P, an Algerian who was held at Broadmoor, appeared before Siac judges in person on Friday and was freed after being electronically tagged.
The remaining two, Abu Rideh and suspect B, who had also been detained at the high security mental hospital, were freed on Friday evening.
An Algerian man known as A was released by Siac on Thursday, while suspect G, being held under house arrest, had his bail conditions relaxed.
The former detainees face bail conditions which include:
- Electronic tagging
- A night-time curfew from 1900 to 0700
- A ban on using mobile phones and the internet
- Obtaining permission from the Home Office if they wish to meet anyone outside their home
- Living at an address notified to the Home Office and police, who can search the property without warning
- No visitors unless the Home Office has been notified in advance, except for under-16s
- Notifying the Home Office of any intended departure from the UK, and the port of embarkation
- Bank account restrictions and sending monthly statements to the Home Office.
Siac chairman Mr Justice Ouseley also imposed an extra condition on Abu Qatada not to lead prayers at a mosque.
Abu Qatada was previously described as "a truly dangerous individual" by Siac judges.
They said he was "at the centre in the UK of terrorist activities associated with al-Qaeda".
Suspect P arrived in the UK in 1999 and had an application for asylum refused.
He was later accused of providing logistical support for acts of terrorism and was detained as a result.
Granting him bail, Mr Justice Ouseley said: "You need to understand these conditions are taken very seriously, if you breach them you will be liable to be returned to detention."