[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Saturday, 6 August 2005, 12:50 GMT 13:50 UK
Three remanded on 21 July charges
Police outside Bow St Magistrates
The men will return to Bow St Magistrates Court on Thursday
Three men charged in connection with the 21 July failed bombs have been remanded in custody until 11 August after a brief hearing in London.

The men are Shadi Sami Abdel Gadir, 22, Omar Nagmeloin Almagboul, 20, and Mohamed Kabashi, 23, all from Brighton.

They are charged with failing to disclose information to police investigating the attempted attacks on London's transport network.

Two women and a man have already appeared in court on similar charges.

The three men who appeared at Bow Street Magistrates' Court on Saturday have been charged under Section 38 of the Terrorism Act 2000. They spoke only to confirm their names.

Their lawyers told the magistrate that they had not had enough time to prepare with their clients and requested a delay to the proceedings.

They are accused of "having information" that they "knew or believed might be of material assistance" to police "in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of another person in the UK for an offence involving the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism".

The court heard that the men are accused of having information relating to Osman Hussain, the suspected Shepherd's Bush attempted bomber.

The men are accused of failing to disclose that information "as soon as reasonably practicable to a constable" between July 21 and July 31.

It is understood two of the three men had been students at the University of Brighton but had left before finishing their studies.

Mr Almagboul wept as he was led from the court after hearing, which was attended by relatives and friends of the men. They will reappear at Bow Street Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

The men were detained with three other men and a woman in police raids on two Brighton addresses on 31 July.

The other four have since been released without charge.

Relatives remanded

A total of six people have now been charged with failing to disclose information to police in the wake of the 21 July attempted bombings of three Tube trains and a bus.

Police at Shepherd's Bush on 21 July
Six people now face charges of failing to disclose information
Yeshiemebet Girma, 29, the wife of Mr Hussain, and his sister-in-law Mulumebet Girma, 21, appeared before Bow Street magistrates on Friday.

The sisters, both of Stockwell, south London, were remanded in custody until 11 August.

Hussain, also known as Hamdi Issac, is in custody in Italy and faces an extradition hearing on 17 August.

Ismael Abdurahman, 23, of Kennington, London, appeared before Bow Street magistrates on Thursday.

He is also accused of failing to disclose information about Hussain and was also remanded in custody until 11 August.

Police have warrants to hold the three other suspected attempted bombers, Ibrahim Muktar Said, Ramzi Mohamed and Yassin Hassan Omar, until 8 August.

They can be held for a maximum of 14 days from the day of their arrest until police must charge or release them.

For Mr Omar, that deadline is 10 August, while for Mr Ibrahim and Mr Mohammed it is 12 August.



PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific