Saturday, June 5, 1999 Published at 17:01 GMT 18:01 UK
Soho bomb victim improving
The Soho nail bomb killed three and injured 65
One of the most badly injured victims of the Soho nail bomb has been moved out of intensive care.
Gary Reid, 43, from New Zealand, lost a leg and was badly burned and injured by shrapnel in the attack on the Admiral Duncan pub in Old Compton Street, on 30 April.
Doctors had feared for his life after his health deteriorated last month.
A spokeswoman for St Thomas's said: "He was critical, but he is stable now and improving."
Mr Reid is one of seven people still being treated in hospitals after the explosion.
Treated for burns
He is the sixth of those victims known to have left intensive care. The condition of the seventh is unknown.
Three of the injured are being treated at St Thomas's and two in University College Hospital.
Julian Dykes, 26, who lost his pregnant wife Andrea, 27, and two friends, including the best man at his wedding, in the blast, has been transferred from University College Hospital to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
The Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, said on Saturday that three people who were being treated in its specialist burns unit had been discharged.
They included Mark Taylor, 31, the manager of the Admiral Duncan, who took the full impact of the bomb when it exploded.
The bomb killed three people and injured 65.