Sunday, October 24, 1999 Published at 09:55 GMT 10:55 UK
Comeback farce for Tyson
Knockout: Tyson's late left hook was deemed accidental
Boxing authorities are withholding Mike Tyson's $10m purse pending a review of his fight against Orlin Norris which was stopped after the first round.
The no-contest was declared due to an accidental foul, although it remains possible that video evidence will see 33-year-old Tyson disqualified.
Saturday's fight was Tyson's first since he was released from a Maryland jail in May after serving more than three months for assault.
But after the referee consulted with Marc Ratner, of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the no-contest verdict was announced.
On the official score card Tyson's late left hook was deemed accidental.
A doctor examined Norris as he sat on his stool. Minutes later Norris's trainer Abel Sanchez said his fighter had suffered a twisted knee and could not continue.
He said Norris had already received his $800,000 purse.
Promoter Dan Goossen said there would be a rematch.
'I don't want to fight anymore'
"I don't want to fight anymore, man. I'm just tired, tired," said Tyson.
Pressed on whether he really meant that he wanted to quit boxing, he said: "I just want to go home. I'm tired of everything and everybody.
"I'm caught up with this political stuff. I don't want to put up with this ... anymore."
Then he was disqualified for biting both Holyfield's ears and received a $3m fine and had had his licence revoked for 15 months.
In his first fight after the ban was over last January, he lost the first four rounds to the South African Frans Botha before knocking him out, but Tyson admitted he had tried to break Botha's arm in the first round of that fight.