Mr Mukherjee says Pakistan must act on the evidence
India says it has handed to Islamabad evidence that links the deadly Mumbai attacks to "elements" in Pakistan.
Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee called on Pakistan to act on the evidence and bring the perpetrators to justice.
The evidence is said to include the interrogation of the surviving gunman, details of phone conversations between the attackers and weapons information.
More than 170 people died when 10 gunmen attacked Mumbai in November.
India blames Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for the attacks. LeT and the Pakistani government have denied any involvement.
Pakistan's government says it has received the Indian dossier and is reviewing its contents.
It had previously repeatedly said it was willing to co-operate in the investigation but that India had not shared its evidence.
Meanwhile, US Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher is in Pakistan for talks aimed at reducing tensions between the two neighbours.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani repeated a promise that Pakistan would punish any of its citizens if "credible" evidence were found of their involvement in the Mumbai attacks.
Mr Mukherjee said: "We have today handed over to Pakistan evidence of the links with elements in Pakistan of the terrorists who attacked Mumbai (Bombay) on 26 November, 2008.
"What happened in Mumbai was an unpardonable crime," he said.
Mr Mukherjee said the evidence would also be shared with the international community.
Last month global police agency Interpol said it had not been given any information.
At least 173 people were killed in the attacks
Mr Mukherjee added: "As far as the government of Pakistan is concerned, we ask only that it implement the bilateral commitments that it has made at the highest levels to India, and practises her international obligations. These are clear."
Mr Mukherjee said the evidence was handed over to the Pakistani high commissioner in Delhi by Indian Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon.
Later on Monday Mr Menon said: "You see it is quite clear that what we would like from the Pakistani authorities is all the information related to this crime. We want to know how this conspiracy was formed, how it was carried out, how the training, the planning, the organisation and the actual handling, how that was done."
According to a press release issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, the evidence handed to Pakistan includes "material from the interrogation of Mohammed Ajmal Amir Qasab" - the sole surviving gunman from the attacks, who is in Indian custody.
"Details of the terrorists' communication links with elements in Pakistan during the attack, recovered weapons and equipment, and data retrieved from recovered GPS and satellite phones" have also been handed over to Pakistan, the release says.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told Reuters news agency: "It is our duty, my duty to examine the dossier carefully, understand it and be truthful to myself, to my country."
On Monday he described Indian accusations that Pakistani "state actors" were involved in the attacks as "speculation".
Last month, Mr Mukherjee described militant groups in Pakistan as "the greatest danger to peace and security in the entire world".
He accused Islamabad of "denial" and "shifting the blame" for the Mumbai attacks.
India has called on Pakistan to hand over the suspects it has named and dismantle what it says is a terrorist network.
Islamabad says anyone suspected of involvement in the attacks will be tried in Pakistan.
Gunmen stormed two Mumbai hotels, a crowded railway station, a Jewish centre and a popular restaurant on 26 November.
The attacks lasted three days and left at least 173 people dead.
They put relations between India and Pakistan under severe strain.
Mr Boucher's visit to Pakistan comes amid US fears that India-Pakistan tensions may harm Islamabad's military operations against Islamic militants in the country's north-west.
Mr Boucher is due to meet Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani and Mr Qureshi.