At least five Afghan civilians and a US soldier have been killed in a suicide attack on a US-led coalition troop convoy in Kabul, officials say.
This was the third suicide bombing in the capital in eight days
A spokesman for the coalition said the US soldier had been wounded in the attack and died later of his injuries.
Five more civilians were wounded in the blast in the capital, the interior ministry says.
The Taleban claimed responsibility for the attack, the third suicide bombing in the capital in the past eight days.
The two-vehicle armoured convoy was struck by a bomb-filled mini van close to Kabul airport on Saturday, US military spokesman Lt Cdr Clint Larson told the Reuters news agency.
The foreign troops targeted were believed to be involved in training the Afghan security forces.
The two previous suicide attacks, on buses carrying members of the Afghan security forces, claimed more than 40 lives.
Separately, two policeman were killed and two wounded on Saturday in a suicide bombing in the eastern province of Khost.
Taleban militants say they have launched an offensive to coincide with the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.