Pakistan has accused India of violating a 14-month ceasefire in Kashmir with small arms fire.
India rejected the Pakistani claims as "baseless"
Pakistani foreign ministry spokesman, Masood Khan, said the firing occurred on Friday at the Mendnar section of the Line of Control that divides Kashmir.
But Mr Khan said both sides had given reassurances that they would continue to observe the ceasefire.
India, which last week accused Pakistan of firing mortars in the region, called the new Pakistani claims baseless.
Pakistan had itself denied last week's Indian allegations that it broke the truce.
Militant separatists have been fighting Indian rule in Kashmir, which is claimed by both Pakistan and India, since 1989. About 40,000 people have been killed in the fighting.
India and Pakistan have fought two wars over Kashmir since independence.
The tit-for-tat claims have renewed tension in the region following the improvement in relations between India and Pakistan that began with the November 2003 ceasefire and subsequent peace talks.
Mr Khan said Friday's firing came from the Indian side between 1500 and 1800 but that no one was hurt and that Pakistan has shown "restraint throughout".
India's foreign ministry on Monday dismissed the claims as "baseless".
Last week India said Pakistan had shelled the Indian side on Tuesday and Thursday.
Pakistan's military spokesman, Major General Shaukat Sultan, rejected the claims.