To celebrate this week's publication of the 25,000th crossword, their top setter Val Gilbert has made a special topical cryptic for This Week.
Alan and Michael were too slow to get through all the clues, so you can complete the puzzle at your leisure. The clues are here. and the answers are below. Click on the image top right to see the completed grid!
1. BLAIR Second rate (B) liar spinning (anagram of liar - LAIR) for the PM (definition)
3. NOTTINGHAM Sharif sounds like Sheriff - chasing Robin Hood in Nottingham
6. DARCEY BUSSELL i.e., a Chelsea rose
7. BONO take the letters WRONGRD from GORDONBROWN, you have OONB - and an anagram takes you to BONO
8. BUSH Laura's partner (definition); anagram of HUSBAND without AND
2. ATTENBOROUGH "ET claim" is an anagram of CLIMATE, hence climate change
4. CAMERON from CAMERA less the A, plus the ON
5. SERBIA anagram of "is bare"
Get in touch
To say hello, do feel free to email us at email@example.com or using the form below.
Disclaimer: The BBC may edit your comments and cannot guarantee that all emails will be published.