To celebrate this week's publication of the 25,000th crossword, their top setter Val Gilbert has made a special topical cryptic for This Week.
Alan and Michael were too slow to get through all the clues, so you can complete the puzzle at your leisure. Click on the image top right to get the grid - and here are the clues!
1. Second-rate liar spinning for the PM (5)
3. We hear Omaar's forebear chasing an early hoodie founded this dangerous
6. Clinton's daughter rose for a ballet dancer (6,7)
7. Wrong outer road left Gordon Brown adrift in Abuja with fellow povery
8. Laura's partner/husband confused and lost (4)
2. This David sees ET claim as our new Goliath (12)
4. Camera endlessly on for World Cup partygoer (7)
5. Country that is bare, rough and now suffering terminal coastal erosion! (6)
Once you've given it your best shot, the answers are here.
Get in touch
To say hello, do feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form below.
Disclaimer: The BBC may edit your comments and cannot guarantee that all emails will be published.