The winner of the Money Box Christmas competition was announced on Saturday, 7 January, 2006.
The quiz questions and answers are below:
The lucky winner of the digital radio is Janice McNair from Gerrards Cross in Buckinghamshire.
1. How many Secretaries of State for Work and Pensions have there been in the calendar year 2005?
Answer: b) three
2. Which high street bank became the first to allow customers to make charity donations at their ATMs in 2005?
Answer: c) HSBC
3. What is the minimum income provided under Pension Credit for a single pensioner in 2005/2006?
Answer: b) £109.45
4. Which Indian bank had admin problems after it launched a market-beating internet savings account in May 2005?
Answer: a) ICICI
5. How many Child Trust Fund accounts had been opened by 20 August, 2005?
Answer: b) 889,000
6. Who is Tony Hobman?
a) Director General of the Association of British Insurers
b) Chairman of the CBI
c) Chief Executive of the Pensions Regulator
Answer: c) Chief Executive of the Pensions Regulator
7. Which bank was fined by £800,000 for mishandling mortgage endowment complaints in May 2005?
Answer: c) Abbey
8. Which of the following happened on 14 January 2005?
a) FSA became responsible for regulating general insurance
b) FSA became responsible for regulating credit cards
c) FSA became responsible for regulating mortgages
Answer: a) FSA became responsible for regulating general insurance
9. What did it cost to renew a child's passport on 3 December 2005?
Answer: b) £34
10. What proportion of motorists does the ABI estimate drives without insurance?
Answer: b) 5%
11. How many monthly £1m Premium Bond prize-winners were there in 2005?
Answer: b) 17
12. In which part of the UK were the banks told they were uncompetitive by an official watchdog in 2005?
a) Northern Ireland
Answer: a) Northern Ireland
13. In 2005, a 68p stamp design was criticised by which religious group?
Answer: b) Hindus
14. Published in 2005, what was the National Audit Office's latest estimate of how much money was overpaid through tax credits in 2003/04?
a) £1.9 billion
b) £2.2 billion
or c) £3.4 billion
Answer: b) £2.2 billion
15. What earnings related pension contributions stopped being collected 30 years ago this year?
a) State Earnings Related Pensions Scheme
b) Graduated Retirement Benefit
c) Workers' Superannuation
Answer: b) Graduated Retirement Benefit
16. What items had to carry a green fuel economy label for the first time in 2005?
a) New cars
b) New fridges
c) New flat-screen televisions
Answer: a) New cars
17. Which fund celebrated its centenary in 2005?
a) Queen's Fund for the Unemployed
b) King Edward's Hospital Fund
c) Prince of Wales's Fund for Veterans
Answer: a) Queen's Fund for the Unemployed
18. Which FTSE index reached a record high in 2005?
a) FTSETechMark 100
Answer: b) FTSE250
19. What was the rate of income tax put up to in the Budget 200 years ago in 1805? a) 5%
Answer: b) 6.25%
20. Money Box's Christmas Quiz 2005 is which in the series? a) 3rd
Answer: b) 4th