Iraq's vice-president has spelled out the details of a five-year reconstruction plan at a key UN conference on the country's future.
Iraq's problems include a humanitarian crisis, Mr Ban said
Adel Abdul-Mahdi outlined annual growth targets and a series of pledges on security, the rule of law, protecting human rights and tackling corruption.
International pledges for the plan are expected next month.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged members to back the plan and not let Iraq face its problems alone.
Representatives from almost 90 countries were attending the meeting on the International Compact with Iraq, a partnership between Baghdad and donors launched last July.
Mr Abdul-Mahdi, one of two Iraqi vice-presidents, vowed to adopt legislation to share oil wealth among the regions and a scheme to give amnesty to militants who renounced violence.
"We are looking forward to really taking Iraq out of its crisis with the help of the international community," Mr Abdul-Mahdi said.
The plan projects economic growth of 15.4% in 2007, compared to 3% last year. It also targets 3.5m barrels a day of crude oil by 2011 - doubling the annual crude export revenue to about $50bn.
Mr Ban said the five-year plan should be seen as "a tool for unlocking Iraq's own potential".
He said: "The challenges ahead are immense. I am sure you will all agree that we cannot leave Iraq on its own to cope with them.
"Beyond the political violence and sectarian strife, a humanitarian crisis is stretching the patience and ability of ordinary people to cope with everyday life."
US deputy treasury secretary Robert Kimmitt said: "Success in Iraq will come through a co-ordinated political, security and economic strategy."
He added: "The Iraqis have done their part. The question now is, what will the international community do?"
The UN plans a meeting no later than the end of April for the international response to supporting the compact.
The new details come as the US is in the process of sending extra troops to Iraq in a security surge.
A Pentagon official said on Friday the overall number of service personnel involved in the surge would be 28,000, of which 21,500 would be combat troops.