Saudi Arabia has announced the arrest of 42 suspected militants, some of them since Friday's gun battle in Riyadh in which six alleged militants died.
Friday's shootout took place in Riyadh's al-Nakhil district
Authorities said raids nationwide led to the arrest of 27 people last month, while the rest were detained on Friday and Saturday.
Four are foreign and all are involved in "terrorism", the authorities said.
Friday's battle broke out in the al-Nakhil district when police said they cornered a group planning attacks.
One policeman was also killed.
The authorities said 27 people including an Ethiopian and two Somalis were detained last month in Riyadh, Mecca, the Eastern Region province and the province of Hafr al-Baten.
The other 15 were arrested after the Riyadh shootout, including an Iraqi in Hafr al-Baten town.
Saudi Arabia has maintained a high-profile anti-militant campaign since suicide bomb attacks on three residential compounds in Riyadh in May 2003.
It has named the men killed on Friday and said they were all suspected al-Qaeda members.