[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Languages
Last Updated: Sunday, 30 April 2006, 15:11 GMT 16:11 UK
Three dead in Iraq convoy attack
Map
Three people died in the convoy attack south of Baghdad
Three people have died in an attack on a private security convoy south of Baghdad, the UK Foreign Office said.

One British civilian was hurt in the attack, but there are no details of the injuries.

The three people killed were not Britons, and the nationality of a second injured person was unknown.

Meanwhile, the British military said two British civilians had been hurt on Saturday in a bomb blast near Basra, in southern Iraq.

The pair were part of a contractor convoy that was struck by a roadside bomb 40km northwest of the city.

The injured Britons were taken by helicopter to the British military base in Shaibah, south of Basra.




BBC NEWS: VIDEO AND AUDIO
Hear the risks foreign contractors face in Iraq




PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific