A Frenchman has died of injuries sustained in the Thursday's Cairo bazaar bombing, the French foreign ministry said on Sunday.
The blast occurred in old Cairo in an area popular with tourists
The official said that the man had died while being flown to Paris from Egypt.
This brings the total number of dead from the attack to four, including the man believed to be the attacker.
Also on Sunday, Egyptian police said they had identified the man who carried out a bomb attack in a busy area of the old city popular with tourists.
The French foreign ministry spokesman said that doctors in Cairo had made the decision to repatriate the attack victim for treatment.
The man's wife, who was also injured in the attack, had already been flown back to France.
The official declined to name the man or reveal any personal details.
Alleged accomplices arrested
Egyptian officials identified the alleged bomber as Muhammad Sobhi Ali Jidan, 24, from Qalioubia province north of Cairo.
They said he had three accomplices who helped him prepare the explosives.
Egyptian security forces arrested the alleged accomplices on Sunday. The alleged bomber was identified from his fingerprints.
According to reports, they included the bomber's brother, Gamal Sobhi Ali Jidan, 27, and two men from Shubra, a northern suburb of Cairo.
The interior ministry official said the four did not have links to any terrorist organisation.
The bombing, which also injured 11 Egyptians and seven other foreigners, took place in al-Moski street near the famous Khan al-Khalili market. The victims were a French woman and man and an American man.
The BBC's Heba Saleh reports from the capital that officials there are keen to portray the act as exceptional.
She says they are aware of the need to limit any damage to tourism, which is one of Egypt's main sources of income.
Earlier police said the bomber used a crude homemade explosive device which was packed with nails.
A previously unknown Islamic group said it was behind the blast.
Egypt has been periodically shaken by attacks targeting tourists - which have a devastating effect on tourism.
In the most recent attack in October, 34 people died, including several Israelis, when militants bombed several hotels in the Sinai peninsula.
In 1997, the country's lucrative tourism industry was thrown into crisis when gunmen opened fire on foreigners in central Cairo and at a site near the southern Egyptian city of Luxor. A total of 68 people died in the two attacks.