Archived photos like this one from 1905 charting the history of the family-run Blackpool Pleasure Beach are being shown in an exhibition.
Here are the Witching Waves ride in 1919, the cars of which were propelled by an undulating floor of hinged plates.
In 1929 the original gondolas of the Flying Machine were replaced with these aeroplanes, which were in turn superseded by the present rocket ships in 1952.
The Grundy Art Gallery in Blackpool is hosting the exhibition of pictures of the Pleasure Beach, which is run by the Thompson family.
The Pleasure Beach's Main Avenue, looking north from Watson's Road and the River Caves, in 1959.
Mrs LD Thompson and Albert Wallace, then park manager, trying out the Revolution ride in 1979.
Geoffrey Thompson became managing director of the Pleasure Beach following his father's death in 1976 and is pictured here on the park's carousel in 1983.
Mr Thompson liked to launch each new ride with the maximum amount of publicity. An elephant was brought in for the Fliegender Teppich (Flying Carpet) ride of 1984.
Mrs LD Thompson and the Bishop of Blackburn, Rev Alan Chesters, on the Avalanche ride in 1989.
On top of his world. Geoffrey Thompson on the Big One, then the world's tallest rollercoaster, in 1994.