Conjoined twins Hassan and Hussein before separation
Conjoined twins Hassan and Hussein Benhaffaf are stable and progressing well two weeks after the operation to separate them, doctors say.
The boys, from Cork, underwent the 14-hour operation at London's Great Ormond Street Hospital on Wednesday 7 April.
They are still being treated in intensive care, but the hospital said this was to be expected at this stage of their "substantial recovery period".
Their mother, Angie, said it had been a tough fortnight.
The operation to separate the pair was overseen by 20 hospital staff and was carried out five months after they were born.
A hospital spokesperson said: "The two boys remain in intensive care. They are stable and making progress daily.
"The surgical team had always anticipated a substantial period of recovery from this major surgery. They are broadly where the medical team expected them to be at this point."
Ms Benhaffaf added: "The past two weeks have been extremely tough.
"Even though the sun has shone since their separation, we've also had dark clouds that hovered over their little cots in intensive care and brought difficult days.
"Both Hassan and Hussein have been through so much. We know there is still a long journey ahead. As parents we sometimes feel helpless and we watch anxiously what our precious twins are going through everyday.
"The one thing that is helping us to get through each new day is the support we are still getting from the public, and the bundles of post that come twice a day."