Campaigners say patients lives are at risk because health professionals do not know enough about allergies.
A woman speaks about the lack of care she experienced after being stung by a wasp.
Lucy was stung by a wasp
Lucy Parry was getting ready to go to the gym when she was stung by a wasp.
Ten minutes later she was passing out in a pharmacy as she pleaded for help.
The 28-year-old, from Lincoln, had suffered a severe reaction, known as anaphylactic shock.
It had caused her blood pressure to drop alarmingly, but despite struggling to the local chemist for help, she was told she would have to drive to the local hospital for treatment.
"I got to the nearby pharmacy, but when I asked for something I was told to drive myself to A&E.
"I couldn't believe what I was being told. My heart had started racing and my head was tingling.
"I said I couldn't, so the member of staff said I would have to catch a taxi.
"She even said I was feeling ill because I was panicking and told me to calm down. It was then that I collapsed".
It was at this point that the pharmacy worker phoned for an ambulance and within minutes a rapid response car was there to give her oxygen and anti-histamine medication.
"I could have died. What surprised me was the lack of knowledge about what was happening.
"I think the people at the pharmacy have now learnt their lesson, but it is worrying to think there are other places where this could happen."