Languages
Page last updated at 13:53 GMT, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 14:53 UK

St Saviour flat devastated by cigarette fire

Fire at Beach Crescent
A cigarette is said to have been the cause of the flat fire

A cigarette caused a fire which ripped through a flat in St Saviour, Jersey's fire service said.

Crew commander Mark Walker said smoke and flames could be seen coming from the flat at Beach Crescent, when fire fighters arrived on Tuesday afternoon.

He said the fire left the flat severely damaged but no-one was injured.

Jersey fire and rescue service said the fire highlighted the "dangers" of not correctly extinguishing smoking materials.



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
Fire injuries 'cause for concern'
21 Sep 09 |  Jersey
Village gorse fire investigated
15 Sep 09 |  Jersey
Island fire out but risks remain
11 Sep 09 |  Jersey
Fire cuts could threaten safety
14 Aug 09 |  Jersey

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2019 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific