An inquiry into a footpath dispute between Jeremy Clarkson and a group of Isle of Man ramblers has been deferred until next year.
Jeremy Clarkson said people were staring into his kitchen window
The Manx government hopes the delay will allow further talks to take place between the BBC Top Gear presenter and an action group set up by the walkers.
Mr Clarkson has said he put the fence up near his Langness lighthouse home as people were staring into his kitchen.
The inquiry, which was to start on Tuesday, is scheduled for 15 January.
Legal advice had been sought by the government over the dispute between the Public Right Of Way Langness (Prowl) group, which wants the path to reopen.
The dispute has run since 2005.
The path is not a public right of way but classed as a "permissive" route.