An investigation is under way into a salmonella outbreak which has left eighteen people in Guernsey with food poisoning.
The people were infected between 13 and 18 June but only one person needed hospital treatment.
Public health officials say the the most likely cause was mayonnaise made with raw eggs.
The outbreak has prompted officials to send all caterers leaflets explaining how eggs should be prepared safely.
Catering staff, visitors and local residents were among the infected, although all have since recovered.
Public Health Director John Cook said the decision was taken not to name the premises involved because the outbreak was quickly identified.
He said: "If we're aware that there is a particular reservoir of this infection people should clearly be advised.
"But our first duty is to prevent any further spread, and we were satisfied in this instance that that problematic food was no longer available and therefore people were no longer at contiuing risk
"We felt under those circumstances there was nothing to be gained by naming the premises involved."
Symptoms of salmonella include diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting, headaches, stomach cramps and fever.