Languages
Page last updated at 18:26 GMT, Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Judge: Karadzic 'had enough time'

Advertisement

The former Bosnian Serb leader, Radovan Karadzic, has appeared at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal in The Hague, for the first time since the start of his trial.

Mr Karadzic, who has boycotted proceedings up to now, said he needed more time to prepare for the trial in order for it to be conducted properly.

After hearing Mr Karadzic's opening remarks, the lead judge, O-Gon Kwon, told him that the court had already determined that he had had enough time to prepare.

Presiding Judge O-Gon Kwon adjourned the trial, saying he would rule later in the week on how it will proceed.

SEE ALSO

Story Tools

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific