A former member of Spain's Basque separatist movement has been taken back to jail one day after the group ended a ceasefire with the government.
Mr Juana Chaos was taken from San Sebastian hospital to Madrid
Earlier this year Jose Ignacio de Juana Chaos was transferred from prison to house arrest, sparking protests.
He was originally jailed in 1987 for 25 murders, and last year given a 12-year term for writing articles backing Eta.
Mr Juana Chaos, who has been recovering from a hunger strike, was taken to Madrid to resume his jail sentence.
The move comes a day after Eta said its ceasefire with the Spanish government would end.
Eta said that from Wednesday it would defend the Basque country "with weapons and on all fronts".
The announcement suggests that another big attack could be imminent, observers say.
Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero condemned the move.
"Eta's decision goes totally in the opposite direction of the path that Basque and Spanish society want, the path of peace," he said.
Eta declared a "permanent" ceasefire in March 2006, and insisted it was still in force despite a bomb that killed two people at Madrid airport in December.
The group has killed more than 800 people in its four-decade campaign to set up an independent state in northern Spain and south-western France.
Are you affected by this story? What is your reaction to Eta's statement? Send us your comments by filling in the form below.
The BBC may edit your comments and not all emails will be published. Your comments may be published on any BBC media worldwide.