[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Languages
Last Updated: Saturday, 11 November 2006, 01:32 GMT
New Srebrenica mass grave found
Relatives of victims at the new mass grave
Relatives of victims check for identities at the new mass grave
A new mass grave containing more than 100 victims of the Srebrenica massacre of 1995 has been found in north-eastern Bosnia, a forensic team has said.

An anonymous tip-off led the experts to the site in Snagovo, about 50km (30 miles) north of Srebrenica.

The head of the forensic team said the bodies were probably buried elsewhere and moved to the site with bulldozers.

Nearly 8,000 Muslim men and boys were killed by Serb forces who overran Srebrenica in July 1995.

Identity clues

The new site is the seventh mass grave to be found in Snagovo.

The remains of thousands of victims have been recovered there.

The head of the forensic team, Murat Hurtic, said the skeletons were crushed and compressed, indicating they had been moved.

The regional prosecutor in charge of genocide crimes, Alma Dzaferovic, said the grave held many clues about the identities of the bodies inside.

Nineteen whole skeletons had been exhumed already, she said.

"We have found blindfolds, wires and wallets of the victims of the Srebrenica massacre," Ms Dzaferovic said.

The Muslim men and boys were killed after Bosnian Serbs overran a UN-designated safe area.


SEE ALSO
Timeline: Bosnia-Hercegovina
15 Mar 06 |  Country profiles
New Srebrenica mass grave found
17 Oct 05 |  Europe
Timeline: Siege of Srebrenica
09 Jun 05 |  Europe

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific