A former Bosnian Serb general, wanted in connection with the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, is to surrender to the war crimes tribunal at The Hague.
The massacre was one of the bloodiest episodes of the war
The Serbian government said Vinko Pandurevic will travel to The Hague on Wednesday with a Serbian minister.
He is charged with genocide and crimes against humanity for allegedly planning and ordering the murder of more than 7,000 Muslim men and boys.
At least six Bosnian Serbs have surrendered since the start of 2005.
Serbia is anxious to show it is making progress towards fulfilling its obligations to the tribunal before the EU decides whether the country is eligible for membership, correspondents say.
"The governments of Republika Srpska and Serbia will continue with their intense co-operation on fulfilling their international obligations to The Hague tribunal," said a government statement issued in the Bosnian city of Banja Luka.
Mr Pandurevic was "persuaded to surrender voluntarily during talks with Serbian Justice Minister Zoran Stojkovic", a Serbian government statement said.
He commanded the Bosnian Serb army's Zvornik Brigade which was involved in the Srebrenica attack.
Media have recently speculated he had been hiding in Russia with several other Bosnian Serbs wanted by The Hague.
On Saturday, Russia's Federal Security Service denied Moscow had sheltered any suspects, the Associated Press news agency reports.
The tribunal's top two suspects - former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic and his military commander Ratko Mladic - remain at large.