A suspected gunman has been shot dead by security forces in the Russian city of Nalchik days after a Chechen-led raid left at least 86 people dead.
Militants staged a co-ordinated attack on the city last week
He and two other men opened fire when confronted, police said in the capital of the Kabardino-Balkaria region.
Residents were urged to stay in their homes as security forces combed Nalchik for militants remaining in the city.
More than 200 militants attacked last Thursday, according to Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev.
Hundreds of extra troops were sent in to track them down in fighting which continued for two days in the North Caucasus city.
Parents were being advised to collect their children from school on Tuesday.
The two other gunmen confronted early on Tuesday managed to escape, police said.
Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev claimed responsibility for last week's violence in Nalchik.
He said the attacks were carried out by militants fighting as part of the Chechen rebels' "Caucasus Front".
It is still unclear how many people were killed in the raid.
Basayev said 41 of his fighters had died, while Russia reported losing 33 members of its own forces. Twelve civilians are also believed to have died.
Both sides however claim to have inflicted significantly higher casualty figures on the other side. Basayev said 140 members of the security forces had died, while the Russian authorities said they had killed 91 militants.