Tuesday, April 20, 1999 Published at 12:15 GMT 13:15 UK
Blair: Kosovo a 'just cause'
An EA-6B "Prowler" returns to the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier
Following a 27th night of bombing raids against Serbian targets, the UK Prime Minister, Tony Blair, has described the conflict in the region as "just".
He also said it would continue until Nato's demands were met in full.
His words echoed those of Nato Secretary-General Javier Solana, who spoke just a few minutes before Mr Blair took the stand.
"We will stand firm to the very end," said Mr Solana.
Mr Cook said the UK would allow the largest ever such release of information in order to asssist war crimes investigations.
Blair describes bombing
Mr Blair began his address in Brussels by paying tribute to Nato forces out in the field, and said that troops in action "have every reason to be proud of themselves".
In the 27th night of bombing raids, Nato planes reportedly attacked Yugoslav communications sites and a military garrison.
The official media in Yugoslavia said Nato air strikes on Monday night had killed one person and injured more than others, despite Nato's insistence that it was attacking only military targets.
The reports said houses, a tobacco factory and a building supplies plant were wrecked.
Elsewhere, a series of explosions was reported in Kosovo's main city of Pristina and near the Yugoslav capital, Belgrade. There were no details of damage or casualties.
Codenamed Task Force Hawk, the helicopters will be used to hit tanks and other military vehicles inside Kosovo.
They had previously been delayed by bad weather.
The US has announced an extra 500 paratroopers on their way to Albania as support for the helicopters.
According to Tuesday's Nato briefing, Serbian forces appear to have extended their operations against Kosovo Albanians to villages in Montenegro.
Nato spokesman Jamie Shea said it was a "new and distressing" development in the conflict over Kosovo.
Like Kosovo, Montenegro is part of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia but has made attempts to stay out of the conflict.
UN says camps full
The UN refugee agency UNHCR declared camps in Macedonia full beyond capacity overnight on Tuesday.
The Macedonian government admitted only 400 refugees overnight, according to UN officials.
A UN spokesman has said that Serbian forces were forcibly preventing people from leaving Kosovo.
"It all sounds fairly ominous and we don't know to what end they're doing it," said Kris Janowski, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva.
Serbian reports said that 20,000 refugees had returned voluntarily to their villages near Podujevo in northern Kosovo, after being forced out by Nato bombings and separatist attacks.
Other top stories