Sandra Bullock was the favourite to win the best actress Oscar
The UK premiere of The Blind Side has been scrapped after its Oscar-winning star Sandra Bullock pulled out of the event, organisers have said.
Warner Brothers said the star, who won the best actress Academy Award last week, will not travel to the UK due to "unforeseen circumstances".
The premiere had been due to take place next Tuesday in London.
The cancellation announcement coincided with unconfirmed reports in the US media regarding the actress's marriage.
A screening of the film will still take place for ticket holders at the Odeon West End in Leicester Square, where the premiere had been due to take place.
Bullock had been expected to attend with her co-star, newcomer Quinton Aaron.
The release date of 27 March has not been affected.
The film is based on the true story of American footballer Michael Oher and his journey from virtual homelessness to one of the sport's biggest stars.
Bullock won her Oscar for playing Leigh Anne Tuohy, who takes Oher under her wing.
The 45-year-old was escorted to the Oscar ceremony in Hollywood on 7 March by her husband Jesse James, a reality TV star and motorcycle enthusiast.
In her Oscar acceptance speech she joked: "Did I really earn this, or did I wear you all down?"
Bullock dedicated her Oscar "to the mums who take care of the babies and children no matter where they come from," before paying tearful tribute to her own mother.
"To that trailblazer... I thank you so much for this opportunity that I share with these extraordinary women."