Peter Andre asked to adopt Katie Price's first child Harvey
Pop star Peter Andre fought back tears, after being asked how he would feel if ex-wife Katie Price's new husband wanted to adopt his children.
The singer, who cut short the live interview on Sky News, said: "No-one is going to take my kids away from me."
Andre, who has two children with Price, said he would go to court if such a situation arose. Sky presenter Kay Burley later apologised to him.
Media regulator Ofcom said it had received complaints about the segment.
However, it would not reveal how many had been in touch and said no decision had been made about launching a formal investigation.
It was revealed on Wednesday that model Price and Alex Reid, winner of this year's Celebrity Big Brother, had wed in Las Vegas.
During Andre's marriage to Price he volunteered to adopt her first child, Harvey, whose father is footballer Dwight Yorke.
As part of the Sky News interview, Andre was shown archive footage of Yorke criticising him for wanting to adopt his child.
Responding to the clip, Andre said: "To me, a nice little thank you would be nice. I asked to adopt him because I love him. I didn't ask to adopt him to be disrespectful.
"It angers me when people turn around and I get a comment like that."
Burley then asked the star how he would feel if Reid said he wanted to adopt Andre's children, Princess and Junior.
"No-one is going to take my kids away from me - nobody," he responded.
"Nobody is going to take my kids away from me and I will fight to the death for that.
"I didn't expect that, I'm sorry. I will die for those children."
Burley attempted to change the subject asking the visibly upset singer about his forthcoming tour - which Andre appeared on the show to promote - but he cut short the interview.
Blinking back tears, Andre said, with a shaky voice: "I'd rather just stop this if that's all right?"
Writing in her online blog, Burley said she went to speak to Andre after the interview and he "sobbed on my shoulder".
Alex Reid and Katie Price have been dating for seven months
She added: "I was mortified at having upset such an obviously doting family man and was keen to offer sincere apologies, but he was his usual charming self.
"As we stood and chatted about parenthood, he said he was relieved he'd finally vented some of the pent-up tension he'd been feeling. I sympathised but warned him not to ever cry in front of the children."
A statement released by Sky News said: "As part of a round of media interviews today, Peter Andre agreed to take part in an open and candid interview with Kay Burley, which was also to be filmed by a reality TV crew.
"Although he had been aware that the discussion would touch on his family life, Peter found himself unable to continue and the interview was stopped. Kay later spoke with Peter off-camera and they parted amicably."
Sky News has refused to confirm whether any complaints were made, but former tabloid newspaper editor Kelvin MacKenzie told ITV's This Morning programme that viewers had contacted the news programme about the interview.
"I know, because I was at Sky News last night, that they received a load of e-mails from their viewers saying that they didn't warm to that," he said.
MacKenzie, who said he has known Burley for "many years", added: "No-one wants to see anyone break down and cry like this.
"I don't think it harmed Peter Andre.
"If Kay Burley could do it again, she definitely wouldn't do it again and I know Sky News fantastically well... and they wouldn't want it to happen either."
Andre and Price divorced last September, four-and-a-half years after meeting on reality TV show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
Earlier on in the day, Andre had said he had "no negative feelings" about his ex-wife's remarriage.
Price and Reid, who have been dating for seven months, tied the knot in a "private, simple" ceremony on Tuesday.
The couple said in a statement: "We can't wait to get back and celebrate our marriage with our friends and family, who we know fully support our wishes."
According to Price's publicist, the star has insisted their decision to marry has not been made with any "pre-conceived commercial plan or media deal in place".