Cowell said he would be involved in the UK and US versions of the show
ITV says it has no plans to reschedule this year's X Factor, despite reports that Simon Cowell is trying to move the show from its autumn slot.
An ITV spokesman said the announcement that Cowell was launching a US version of the show was "no surprise".
"We are absolutely planning for the X Factor to return this autumn and next," ITV said in a statement.
Cowell said he would be involved in both shows, sparking speculation that the UK series may be moved.
Earlier this week, Cowell, 50, announced he was leaving Fox TV's American Idol as a judge to launch a US version of the X Factor on the same network.
The music mogul, who owns the rights to the X Factor format, said he would be a a judge on the new show.
ITV said the star would continue with "both his on-screen and production role" on the UK version of the X Factor.
On Monday, Peter Rice, chairman of entertainment for Fox, said the US X Factor would also be screened in the autumn.
It is not clear how Cowell will be able to participate in both.
The ITV spokesman said, "we've got plans", but refused to expand further.
Cowell said he was offered a lot of money to stay with American Idol.
"But that wasn't the reason behind it. I wanted to do something different. I wanted a new challenge," he said.
It has been reported that Cowell stands to make more money with the X Factor than if he had stayed on American Idol.