Lord Lloyd Webber's cancer was diagnosed in its early stages
Andrew Lloyd Webber has said he has been given the all-clear after being treated for prostate cancer.
The theatre impresario will still require regular check-ups, he told the Mail on Sunday.
He said: "It is the hugest relief. We have arrived at the end of a long journey, at the best possible outcome," adding, "My children have a father."
The 61-year-old announced he was being treated for cancer in October and had surgery to remove the prostate gland.
Lord Lloyd-Webber was re-admitted to hospital after developing an infection following his surgery for prostate cancer.
A statement on his website, at the time, said although the operation had been "successful" he had developed a "post-operative chronic infection".
He has warned men to visit a GP "at once" if they have any problem "down under - however embarrassing".
"In my case, I will be 62 next year and I have five children," he said.
"Most importantly, I am alive, my children have a father."
The musician's new musical, Love Never Dies, is scheduled to open in London's West End in March.
It is a sequel to the phenomenally successful Phantom of the Opera production.
This year he will launch a new BBC show to find Dorothy and Toto for a new theatrical production of The Wizard of Oz.