Russell Brand also defended Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle
Comedian Russell Brand says he found the scandal which followed the prank calls he made to actor Andrew Sachs last year "funny".
The 34-year-old resigned from his Saturday night BBC Radio 2 show after he made a series of "inappropriate" calls on air with Jonathan Ross.
"I apologise for the thing I did wrong to the person I did it to but the whole subsequent scandal was funny," he said.
The star insisted he would not have done anything differently.
Speaking at a signing for his latest DVD on Friday in London, he said: "It is funny I think. It's just rhubarb and guff."
After his resignation, the comedian went on to tour the UK with a stand-up routine, which largely focused on the prank call incident.
In a question-and-answer session at the signing, one fan asked him which celebrity he would have liked to appear on his radio show.
Brand joked that he had really wanted Sachs on air.
"It would've been nice if he had answered his phone. No-one ever mentions that side of it. Everyone mentions me, but is it that hard to pick up your phone?"
He also defended fellow comedians Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle, who have recently been criticised for some of their material.
"I've heard them jokes, they're good jokes they are," he said.
"Frankie Boyle is brilliant and Jimmy Carr is brilliant. They're not trying to be offensive, no one is actually offended, the people saying they're offended aren't actually offended, the whole thing is constructed."