Page last updated at 11:54 GMT, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 12:54 UK

Expert's shock over Jackson drugs

Advertisement

Consultant anaesthetist Dr Andrew Hartle said the potent drug propofol - found in Michael Jackson's body - should never have been used other than in a hospital setting.

He said it was "incredibly dangerous if not used by the right people in the right setting".

Dr Hartle, who is based at London's Imperial College Healthcare Trust, said he was amazed by the combination of drugs reported to be in Jackson's body.

SEE ALSO

Story Tools

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific