Peter Andre speaking outside London's High Court
Singer Peter Andre has accepted "substantial" damages over a newspaper claim he was unfaithful to his estranged wife, model Katie Price.
Speaking outside London's High Court, he said he was "pleased" the Sunday People accepted that the story, printed in May, was "untrue and hurtful".
"I have never been unfaithful to my wife - not with this girl, or any other girl," the 36-year-old said.
Mr Andre split from Price in May, after three-and-a half years of marriage.
"This story has led to a lot of speculation about whether I was faithful to my estranged wife which even led her to mention it on a breakfast television show last week," he said.
"If anyone slanders my name I will not hesitate in taking action against them.
"Now, hopefully, this will bring these rumours and lies to an end and let me move on with my life."
The singer would not disclose how much the settlement was for.
Last year, Mr Andre and Ms Price accepted damages over a News of the World article portraying them as bad parents.
Although the settlement was not revealed, the couple said they would give half of the sum to the NSPCC and the Vision Charity.
The other half was put into a trust fund for their children Junior, Princess Tiaami and Harvey.