Page last updated at 14:51 GMT, Sunday, 19 July 2009 15:51 UK

Harris admits lost album was lie

Calvin Harris
Calvin Harris is releasing his album next month

Dance pop artist Calvin Harris has revealed he lied about losing material for his new album on a flight, to give him more time to make the record.

Last year the 25-year-old said a bag containing his laptop had gone missing as he flew America to the UK.

However, he told BBC News programme E24 that what he said had not been true.

"My second album was going to be rushed out, but I made up a story that I lost it on a flight and that bought me a year's worth of time," he said

"That was the year that Dance For Me came out, so that in itself reminded everyone that I was still alive and still making music."

The album, Ready For The Weekend, is now being released next month.

At the time he said the work had gone missing, he posted a comment on his website.

"This is not good news for me. I have been walking in circles for a couple of days."

The DJ and producer's first release - I Created Disco - was a top 10 hit last year and carried the debut single Acceptable in the 80s.

The album's success led to Harris, who is from Dumfries, working with the likes of Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Kylie Minogue, for whom he wrote the forthcoming single In My Arms in his bedroom on a 15-year-old computer.



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
Harris knocks GaGa off top spot
12 Apr 09 |  Entertainment
Harris holds onto chart top spot
19 Apr 09 |  Entertainment
DJ loses album in baggage backlog
04 Apr 08 |  South of Scotland

RELATED BBC LINKS

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific