Page last updated at 13:47 GMT, Thursday, 18 June 2009 14:47 UK

Du Beke to host Hole in the Wall

Anton Du Beke
Former team captain Anton Du Beke will front the show's second series

Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke will take over from Dale Winton as host of BBC game show Hole In The Wall, when it returns to BBC One this autumn.

The Saturday night show, which is based on the hit Japanese format, returns for a second series despite accusations of "dumbing down" levelled at the BBC.

Former team captains Du Beke and Darren Gough will be replaced by Austin Healey and I'm A Celebrity winner Joe Swash.

Du Beke said he was "thrilled". Last year's show averaged 6.1m viewers.

The show sees two teams of celebrities attempt to squeeze themselves through awkward-shaped holes in a moving wall, while dressed in skin-tight bodysuits.

The winning team walks away with £10,000 prize money for the charity of their choice.

"I am completely thrilled that I will be presenting the series," said Du Beke.

"My only disappointment is that I won't be wearing the silver suit this time round... although you never know!"

The 10-part series will be produced in Glasgow as part of the BBC's regional programming quota.



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
GMTV host Garraway wins damages
10 Apr 08 |  Entertainment
Garraway sues over marriage claim
12 Feb 08 |  Entertainment


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2018 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific